Broadband technology company Sterlite Technologies on Monday posted a consolidated loss of Rs 20 crore in the June 2022 quarter.

The company said it had recorded a profit of Rs 116 crore in the same period a year ago.

The consolidated revenue from operations of Sterlite Technologies increased to Rs 1,575 crore during the reported quarter compared to Rs 1,316 crore in the corresponding quarter last year.

Nearly 62 per cent of the total revenue came from its focus markets of the US and Europe. The total order book of the company stood at Rs 11,200 crore at the end of the reported quarter.

“With increased focus on efficiency and prudent capital management, we expect to sustain this positive momentum. As ubiquitous networks are built in this decade, we are fortunate to play a significant role in transforming billions of lives through digital networks,” STL managing director Ankit Agarwal said in a statement.

The company in July 2021 signed an agreement to acquire 100 per cent stake in UK-based Clearcomm Group. It has acquired 80 per cent stake in the firm and has an obligation to acquire the rest of the 20 per cent in the current fiscal.

STL acquired 100 per cent of the shares of Optotec SPA in 2020-21. The company’s audit said that due to these acquisitions and some other accounting adjustments the financial performance of the current period is not comparable to previous periods.

(Only the headline and picture of this report may have been reworked by the Business Standard staff; the rest of the content is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

Dear Reader,

Business Standard has always strived hard to provide up-to-date information and commentary on developments that are of interest to you and have wider political and economic implications for the country and the world. Your encouragement and constant feedback on how to improve our offering have only made our resolve and commitment to these ideals stronger. Even during these difficult times arising out of Covid-19, we continue to remain committed to keeping you informed and updated with credible news, authoritative views and incisive commentary on topical issues of relevance.

We, however, have a request.

As we battle the economic impact of the pandemic, we need your support even more, so that we can continue to offer you more quality content. Our subscription model has seen an encouraging response from many of you, who have subscribed to our online content. More subscription to our online content can only help us achieve the goals of offering you even better and more relevant content. We believe in free, fair and credible journalism. Your support through more subscriptions can help us practise the journalism to which we are committed.

Support quality journalism and subscribe to Business Standard.

Digital Editor


By admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *